remember the state of the pages so that we can show them 'as you left them' when you return.
You can set your browser settings to turn all cookies off (the website will not work as intended if you do). See below to so see how you can do this.
How to mange cookies on your computer
With all browsers, there are different levels of cookie enablement and disablement. Below we've given you the basics on how to switch 'on or off' and a link on where to find more information.
Safari (on OSX)
- Click on Safari on the menu bar at the top of the screen, then select the Preferences option
- Click on Security
- To enable cookies: In the Accept cookies section select Only from site you navigate to,
- To disable cookies: In the Accept cookies section select Never.
For more information see Apple's support pages at: www.apple.com/support/safari. cookies-43
- Click the spanner/ wrench icon on the toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, click on Content settings
- To enable cookies, in the Cookies section, pick Allow local data to be set, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. Alternatively, select Block all third-party cookies without exception,
- To disable cookies, in the Cookies section, pick Block sites from setting any data.
For more information check out Google's support pages at: support.google.com/chrome.
- Click on Tools at the browser menu and select Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies, check the Accept cookies for sites option,
- To disable cookies, uncheck Accept cookies for sites option.
For more information see Mozilla's help pages at: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on Tools at the top of the browser and select Internet Options
- In the options window, navigate to the Privacy tab
- To enable cookies, set the slider to 'Medium' or less,
- To disable cookies, set the slider to the top (to block all cookies).
For more information check out Microsoft' help pages at: windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies.
- Click on Setting at the browser menu and select Settings
- Select Quick Preferences
- To enable cookies check Enable Cookies,
- To disable cookies, uncheck Enable Cookies.
For more information on other cookie settings, have a look at Opera's support pages at: www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy.